Sunday, May 2, 2010

90 day challenge

Some of you guys know I started going to a Crossfit gym a few months ago, its been super fun and I'm kind of addicted. Crossfit is a combo of running, rowing, lifting weights and some gymnastics. I signed up to do a Leaning out 90 day challenge, it is $30 to buy in, all the money goes into a pot and the winner at the end gets all the cash. You take before and after photos and follow a pretty strict Paleo diet.

Anyways, I'm starting tomorrow, taking my "before" picture. I'm a little nervous, but I REALLY want to win. Who knew I was so competitive?

2 comments:

Don Wiss said...

Re: the before and after pictures. What if one has no weight to lose? Then is the winner the one that works out the most and adds the most muscle? I've been paleo for 14years, so I gather I would be excluded from such a challenge. I do like that it is 90 days instead of the usual 30 days.

Good luck. I hope you find it beneficial and you stick with it for life. It is the best chance we have to avoid the diseases of civilization.

You can find the way I define it on my website.

Tara Krause said...

Yes, it is a combination of weight lost and muscle mass added. I did paleo for about 3 weeks a while ago, I saw pretty good results. I think I was eating too much fruit and not enough veggies, I'll have to change that this time.