Monday, August 11, 2008

Deployment.

Michael is deploying at the end of the month.  This, of course is going to be a hard 4 months for us.  It is comforting thinking about the fact that we did long distance for a year before we got married.  It was not fun getting to know each other over the phone, or planning a wedding with my fiance being literally across the country, but I feel like I/we are stronger because of it.  I guess I'm a little nervous because I don't feel like I have the best of support systems out here.  Everyone keeps asking if I'm going home to be with family while he is gone.  I can't because I'm in school this semester, I know they are just asking, but it feels like salt in an already gritty wound.  I have all these plans to stay busy:

 1. fix up the office to actually BE an office.  2. find a guitar teacher.  3. actually sign up for guitar lessons.  3. Kick butt in my classes.  4. get OUT of my self-debilitating comfort zone and make some friends of my own.  5. possibly pick up another (better paying) serving job. 

So keep us in our prayers.  This could be a great growing experience for both of us.  I am determined to do more than just cry in my beer...so to speak.    
 

3 comments:

Becks said...

Hmm... sounds like you need another visit from a best friend sometime soon :)

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Staying busy is MOST definitely the key!!! When I feel down I blog! Crying in your beer just makes for really weak flavor! :) Hang in there... one day at a time!

Megs said...

Yay for you, though! Being alone during the week and not having Drew to even talk to has been really lonely and weird for me...and yet, I have grown more spiritually and feel like God is speaking to me more than ever before right now...because on those long drives home late at night, or when I'm lonely in the middle of the day -- the one I have to talk to, who knows my situation and is not going to judge me, IS ALWAYS THERE!!! I'll be praying for you friend! keep me updated!