Saturday, September 22, 2007

I tried to do something creative tonight for a "finger food" get-together some friends had. As you can see from the picture below my plan did not come to fruition. I wanted to make mini- candy apples. After tonight I learned that there is a difference between candy and caramel apples. I burned the candy syrup and then accidentally stuck my finger in some of the syrup that dropped on the counter....the package said that the mixture reaches up to 325 degrees...I'm sure you can imagine the pain I' m in. To make a long story short, the apples ended their short little lives in the trash can. All this on top of me being in a terribly long weekend class that is turning out to be a HUGE waste of money...sleep is much needed. I WILL master candy apples!!!!

2 comments:

Clay Smith said...

I'm sorry for chuckling at your misfortune, but that's actually really funny. The photo does it. On another note, you actually like candy apples? I'm a big fan of caramel, but I haven't found a candy apple I can enjoy. Hoping your finger heals.

Becks said...

Awww... just know friend, that if I lived close enough, i would kiss it and make it all better. But man oh man do you get the world's maddest props for even attempting such a delicate Fall treat! Just think, it's already a story you are lookin' back on and laughing about! I miss you like crazy too -- there are so many times during my day when I still think "I need my Tarashu here for this right now..." or "What would Tara say if we she were for this?" Sigh... the adult life is lonely... it would be less so if you were nearby!

Oh, and when (not if, but when) you master those candy apples, you best post a blog picture of them in all their radiant red glory! (once your finger heals of course).